Author Topic: Memberships and Hotel bookings for Fcon 2017 are now live!  (Read 688 times)

Offline BFS_Events_Karen

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Memberships and Hotel bookings for Fcon 2017 are now live!
« on: February 05, 2017, 09:35:39 PM »

We're working hard to bring you a wonderful Fantasycon 2017. We hope you can join us in Peterborough for a packed timetable of events, launches, interviews, panels, readings and more. We will be releasing more information on what's happening as soon as we confirm it, but already, the weekend is shaping up to be a memorable experience for everyone who can make it.

You can book now on this link - https://www.hwsevents.co.uk/shop-2

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Publisher, The Alchemy Press
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Peter Coleborn / Alchemy Press
Re: Memberships and Hotel bookings for Fcon 2017 are now live!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 09:25:53 AM »
Am I reading this right -- price includes accommodation?

Offline BFS_Events_Karen

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 10:39:33 AM »

Sadly no, there is not enough room in the hotel to house everyone we hope is coming!  Where did you read that?  It might be a copy and paste error from our other event that has a different pricing structure.  Apologies for any confusion. 

Offline DavidJHowe

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • Telos Publishing
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 11:25:32 AM »
Looking at the room rates, you only get two options -  Single/Double  or Twin

So if one was a couple and wanted a double room, which do you pick? There's no option for that ... ??

And on Booking.com the price for those three nights is 243 ... rather than 274 through the F/Con site.

David
Telos Publishing: http://www.telos.co.uk
Doctor Who Merchandise: http://www.tardis.tv   
Howe's Who: http://www.howeswho.co.uk

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 01:33:30 PM »
Please clarify -- this info is taken from the website listed in the first post:

FCon membership for Fri/Sat is 182.50 -- this is membership AND hotel, yes?

Thursday B&B is 101.50 and Sunday B&B is 91.50

FCon membership is 56.50 -- excludes the hotel, yes? But why the 50p? Why not 56 or 57?

Early FCon membership is 46.00 -- when does this offer end?

What membership rate are we paying if we book the Fri/Sat package now? 56.50 or 46.00?

Do any of these prices include the 10 BFS member discount?

Are you going to have an unwaged membership (you have a student membership)?

What about Sat only accommodation? Some people may only be able to stay for the Saturday night (I shall book two nights).

Please clarify and thanks in advance.

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 01:34:18 PM »

Sadly no, there is not enough room in the hotel to house everyone we hope is coming!  Where did you read that?  It might be a copy and paste error from our other event that has a different pricing structure.  Apologies for any confusion.

Please see my next post because your answer is a bit confusing.

Offline BFS_Events_Karen

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 07:55:18 PM »
I have put this information on the facebook pages and the website itself also as I know some of you are looking/posting there also. 

To clarify the booking options:

To attend the event you need to purchase Fantasycon 2017 Membership. This is a sliding scale of costs depending on whether you are a member of the BFS, adult/student/child prices and when you book. There is an "early bird" special offer for the first 50 people to book before the end of the month. Prices will go up again about a month or so before the event and buying a membership on the day will be more expensive again.

You can also book rooms at the convention hotel on this site, this rate will remain constant, but obviously is limited in numbers. Booking rooms at the hotel does not give you entry to the convention. Booking rooms via our site if you are not planning to attend the event will result in us cancelling your room booking. Rooms either have a double bed or a twin bed and can accommodate up to 2 people per room.  The B&B item is per room, not per person. 

For convenience, you can also buy Membership of the BFS in the same transaction. This (along with other benefits) allows you a discount when purchasing Fantasycon Membership. This item does not include entry to the convention if bought on its own.

All purchases from our site have a non refundable booking fee. This is primarily to cover the card charges that the payment website charges us for your transaction. These costs are outlined on each item in the shop.

Offline DarkFlights

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 11:29:42 AM »
So for those of us not needing a hotel room (I live close enough to drive there and back each day), what options would we need please? Just BFS membership and tickets for the entire event?

Offline BFS_Events_Karen

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 01:20:44 PM »
So for those of us not needing a hotel room (I live close enough to drive there and back each day), what options would we need please? Just BFS membership and tickets for the entire event?

Apologies for the delay on responding...  I'm really bad at checking the forum, will try and do better in future...

To clarify:  If you wish to attend the whole event you just need to purchase Fantasycon 2017 Membership. 

You do not have to be a BFS member to attend Fantasycon, but it gives you a discount if you are. 
Sat/Sun day tickets are on the website as a slightly cheaper alternative if someone only wishes to attend on one day (does not include Award voting rights), but you do not need these if you have bought Fantasycon Membership.

Hope that all makes sense.