Author Topic: Modquokka Calling...  (Read 300 times)

Offline Modquokka

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Modquokka Calling...
« on: February 19, 2017, 01:22:21 PM »
Hello...

Modquokka calling from Sandy in Bedfordshire.

I write - recently rediscovered a love of fantasy/folkloric tales - ones that merge the real with the fantasy, and participate in #FolkloreThursday every ... erm ... Thursday on Twitter. The stories I'm working on (x2 novels - are fantasy in nature) and I currently have a short 'Magpie' available on Amazon...

Independent Review: http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37396   

And a couple of Dark Tale Anthologies.

I'm easy found on Twitter @Modquokka and love to chat about the Fae, folklore, legend and history :)

Other Faves ... Westworld, GoT and TWD

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
Re: Modquokka Calling...
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 03:11:08 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

Offline MarilynCam

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Modquokka Calling...fairy land
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 04:16:24 PM »
Sound very much like the kind of thing I write. I've loved fairy tales since I was a child and recently did a short course on the origins of fairy tales that looked at them from a religious point of view, which makes sense for stories that have their origins hundreds, if not thousands of years in the past. An oral culture spread by women, servants and other outsiders that has changed radically through being tidied up and published for genteel ladies to read.  Makes me wonder how much we've lost.
Thinking of altering established narratives, have you seen the ABC series Once Upon a Time? Wonderful stuff.
Every fairy tale and story you've ever read wound into a meta narrative that has Snow White as a freedom fighter against the Evil Queen. Brilliant.