Author Topic: British Fantasy Awards 2017  (Read 2678 times)

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
British Fantasy Awards 2017
« on: May 20, 2016, 04:54:59 PM »
You can now start suggesting items published in 2016 that will be eligible for the British Fantasy Awards 2017.  It's an anonymous form, so don't be shy about adding your own stuff to the list, if you think it's worthy of consideration!

Submit your items here: http://tinyurl.com/suggestionform2017

The list will appear here: http://tinyurl.com/suggestionlist2017

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
Re: British Fantasy Awards 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 08:25:53 PM »
Does anyone here know when voting starts in the BFAs this year? In fact, who's the Awards Administrator now? Thanks!
Please 'like' Frightful Horrors on Facebook
www.facebook.com/frightfulhorrorsuk

Offline Neil C Ford - BFS Web Admin

• Administrator
  • Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 12:37:25 PM »
From the Contact the BFS page on the website:

Katherine Fowler British Fantasy Awards Administrator (bfsawards@britishfantasysociety.org)

I don't know when the voting will open I'm afraid, that is definitely a question for Katherine.

- Neil.
BFS Webmaster / Forum Administrator
webmaster [at] britishfantasysociety [dot] org

My admin voice is RED.

Offline CarolineC

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 06:22:37 PM »
Katherine Fowler British Fantasy Awards Administrator (bfsawards@britishfantasysociety.org)
I don't know when the voting will open I'm afraid, that is definitely a question for Katherine.

Thanks, Neil. Another member contacted me and said that something had been mentioned in the bulletin - but, of course, as I'm not a member I don't get a bulletin. I now find out from Facebook (not the BFS page) that voting has already opened and an email gone out. But it looks like that only went out to members, not FCon members, as I never received it. So I'll get in touch with Katherine and try to find out what's going on. Bad communication again on the part of the BFS I think.

Thanks anyway - not your fault!  ;)
Please 'like' Frightful Horrors on Facebook
www.facebook.com/frightfulhorrorsuk

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Publisher, The Alchemy Press
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Peter Coleborn / Alchemy Press
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 12:37:43 PM »

Thanks, Neil. Another member contacted me and said that something had been mentioned in the bulletin - but, of course, as I'm not a member I don't get a bulletin. I now find out from Facebook (not the BFS page) that voting has already opened and an email gone out. But it looks like that only went out to members, not FCon members, as I never received it. So I'll get in touch with Katherine and try to find out what's going on. Bad communication again on the part of the BFS I think.

I've not seen anything about this yet, either. I'm not sure what the "bulletin" is. I guess it means the eNewsletter-- the last one I received was about Fantasycon bookings.

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 12:39:34 PM »
Just been to Facebook -- yes it's there. Please remember, not everyone visits FB.

• Administrator
  • Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 01:01:24 PM »
I've not seen anything about this yet, either. I'm not sure what the "bulletin" is. I guess it means the eNewsletter-- the last one I received was about Fantasycon bookings.

The Bulletin is the monthly email from Andy Marsden. The subject line is usually "BFS month Bulletin". Last one went out on February 3rd, though it didn't unfortunately have any mention of the awards voting having opened in it. There was a mention of the voting opening soon in the January Bulletin however.

The email announcing that voting opened was sent on February 1st, subject: British Fantasy Awards 2017. It does appear this was sent to only BFS members unfortunately. I will raise this with the committee.

- Neil.

My admin voice is RED.

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 12:28:08 PM »
Thanks, Neil

Maybe I hadn't signed up for the Bulletin -- but I do receive emails whenever a new review is posted plus the occasional eNewsletter -- or maybe it got  deleted lost among all the spam I always annoying receive. Is there a sign-up link on the BFS website to ensure I receive the Bulletin? I can't see it. Perhaps I should go to SpecSavers?

• Administrator
  • Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 12:55:12 PM »
Subscription to the Bulletin is controlled. All current society members should be subscribed.

Best bet is to email Andy (secretary@britishfantasysociety.org) and ask him to check if you are and to add you if you are not.

- Neil.

My admin voice is RED.

Offline Andy W Marsden

• BFS Secretary
  • Global Moderator
  • Initiate
  • Call me Doc. I write horror.
    • View Profile
    • AWMarsden.com
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2017, 12:36:12 PM »
Popping in briefly to say:

Peter, I've checked your subscription, you should be receiving the Bulletin, so check your spam/junk folders, and make sure you have the secretary@ email address saved as being friendly, then you should get them ok.

Neil, I did mention the BFAs in my last Bulletin. You're probably one of those people who just skips my little ramble at the beginning. I know. It's fine. Not everyone appreciates my work. It's fine. *sniff* *wails*
I should probably stop volunteering for things...

Twitter/Instagram: @AndyWMarsden

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2017, 12:29:47 PM »
Popping in briefly to say:

Peter, I've checked your subscription, you should be receiving the Bulletin, so check your spam/junk folders, and make sure you have the secretary@ email address saved as being friendly, then you should get them ok.

Neil, I did mention the BFAs in my last Bulletin. You're probably one of those people who just skips my little ramble at the beginning. I know. It's fine. Not everyone appreciates my work. It's fine. *sniff* *wails*

Thanks  ;)

Offline Peter Coleborn

• Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 02:59:28 PM »
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdcqQCyhhOKCllyPo1ln6umZcSJ260-EIKpbZiFE-JLjyb2Iw/formResponse

The BFS is making it difficult to vote for this year's BFS Awards. The above is the link to vote.

I think the vote closes soon but I can't find confirmation of the exact date.

Offline Rolnikov

• TQF co-editor
  • BFS Reviewers
  • Elder Darkness
    • View Profile
    • Theaker's Quarterly Fiction
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 09:31:29 PM »
It was in the voting email of February 1: "The voting will stay open until the end of February."

Offline GraemeReynolds

• Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2017, 09:35:27 AM »
Any word on when the nominations and juries for this year will be announced? It's all been rather quiet in here of late.

• Administrator
  • Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2017, 08:50:27 PM »
I asked Katherine, our awards admin, for an update and she sent me the following:

Jurors and shortlists are currently being arranged and finalised. In previous years, nominations have been announced in June, with jurors then having July and August to read through the list. We are trying to keep to that same schedule this year.

- Neil.

My admin voice is RED.