Author Topic: BFS Short Story Competition 2019  (Read 209 times)

Offline Allen

• Forum Member
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
BFS Short Story Competition 2019
« on: April 17, 2019, 08:00:53 pm »
I am pleased to announce that as of 1 April we are open once again for the annual British Fantasy Society Short Story Competition. Rules and guidance are basically the same as last year, only the dates have changed! I am looking for brand new, unpublished short stories across the broad fantasy genre (fantasy / science fiction / horror / fabulism / slipstream /etc). Maximum word length: 5000 words firm. Top prize is £100 plus a year’s free membership and publication in “BFS Horizons”. Second prize is £50 plus a year’s free membership and publication in “BFS Horizons”. Third prize is £20 plus publication in “BFS Horizons”. I will read each story silently and expect to read most of them more than once. Entries close at midnight BST on 30 June 2019. Results are due by the end of October 2019. BFS members who are not committee members are allowed one free entry; non-members or second entries require a payment of £5 via PayPal at the weblink.
Full details:
http://www.britishfantasysociety.org/british-fantasy-awards/short-story-competition/
Here we go again!