Author Topic: Sean Wright's Wicked Or What? Published Saturday 29th Oct  (Read 3702 times)

Sean Wright

Sean Wright's Wicked Or What? Published Saturday 29th Oct
« on: October 24, 2005, 09:28:42 pm »
Just to remind folks that my latest teenage-adult book - Wicked Or What? - will be published this Saturday, 29th Oct.

Here's the blurb:

Wicked Or What? (teenage-adult novel) by Sean Wright - Cover artwork by Richard Marchand.

Teenager Jamey O?Rooke has major problems besides the college bullies hounding him everywhere he goes. He thinks he?s dead? Or perhaps he has been drugged and simply believes he?s dead? For Jamey, it?s hard to know where reality stops and the head games begin.

His best friend, Layla, is not certain about Jamey anymore either. She believes he has taken their friendship over the edge, to a place of non-repair. Or is she behind the mind control, the obsession, and the dark forces that have taken over his life?

In Jamey?s world everything is wrong, different somehow, but he can?t get out. No matter how hard he tries, no matter how far he runs. Jamey O?Rooke is trapped inside a forever-suffocating world and time has run out.

Wicked or What? raises some serious issues about obesity, bullying, and the consequences of following an obsession to the bitter end. Wicked or What? explores the territory of mind games and psychological dead ends, drawing on three legendary figures in fantasy, horror and sci-fi fiction: Ray Bradbury, Mervyn Peake, and Philip K Dick.  

[/url]http://www.crowswingbooks.co.uk[url]

sparklehorse

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 08:32:27 pm »
Hi Sean

Good luck with the new book!

I was looking at your website (like the new look!,) and wondered if you ever have any intention to reissue the early horror novels you wrote, Dark Freedom, Close To The Darkest Edge, Amaragine, and Black Snow?

Thanks

Phil

Sean Wright

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 09:00:01 pm »
Nah, they're a bit dated now - just like me.  :roll:  Thanks for the good luck wishes. Tah. You been writing lately?

Stuart Dane

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 09:58:47 am »
Quote from: "sparklehorse"
Good luck with the new book!

I'll echo the sentiment.  :)

...early horror novels...Amaragine

lol, i read taht as margarine and thought it wasn't that scary  :P

Gunga Din

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 10:02:31 am »
Sean

I am interested in publishing a book (as you may have seen on another thread) and would love to know what printers you use, as the books of yours (I think they were yours!) I have seen in Waterstones are very nicely done.

Sean Wright

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 07:22:37 pm »
Biddles - if you're talking about Jaarfindor and/or Dark Tales.  Same folk who print PS Publishing. Quality is excellent, but they certainly aren't the cheapest.

cheers
Sean