Author Topic: MMORPGs  (Read 3208 times)

Offline joshua rainbird

• Whirlpool
  • Barbarian Monarch
  • Overlation stimuload...
    • View Profile
    • myspace/joshuarainbird
MMORPGs
« on: July 06, 2006, 03:09:40 pm »
Hi

Just a few words to introduce myself.
I've been playing MMOs since year dot ever since I got hold of a copy of the 1st Asheron's Call title. Me being me chose the gimpiest template ever- the now defunct vagabond class and got to 45th level! But old Tea Leaf had a few tricks up his sleeve, being so rare his tenacity inspired awe in all the level 150+ mages and he was often buffed free of charge with level 6 buffs.

Sadly I had to give up eventually as the game got mucked around too much by the devs.  >:(  A problem that seems to have also plagued the Star Wars Galaxies I hear. That and the lack of Broadband made gaming a trifle difficult. Oh the lag, the lag...

I was astounded by the comradery that MMOs generated and found plenty of buddies, mainly from the states but also in Singapore and All over Europe.

Hoping to run a gimp in Lineage 2 but my mates in the Order of the Silver Hand, whom I have known for over a decade now, say it's one of the toughest games ever for starting characters.

So, and I know it isn't played much in the UK, if any you guys are in Lineage 2 look out for me. I'll be the fella getting splattered a lot.

As soon as I've downloaded all the patches and I'm in I'll post my character's name.

Best wishes

Leaf  8)

Oh and if anyone wishes to discuss MMOs further feel free to post here.

I humbly implore that you approach these essays not only with the wary diligence of a sage but also with the forgiveness that befits a saint. (I pray that history will look upon me fondly.) Hindsight is a fickle daemon that teases the wisest man into assuming that he has embraced folly. However my conscience reminds me that even in my churlish moments that I acted with good faith for the betterment of my benefactor, the honour of the Counsel and with sweetness toward the faithful.

Paolo di Riga

If wishes were horses then we'd all be eating steak.
Jayne Cobb, Firefly.

But ... if fishes were courses then we'd all be eating hake ...

Lucy

Re: MMORPGs
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 03:42:51 pm »
Crikey the initial post on this was posted in 2006!! never mind  :D
Until recently I played a MMORPG called Eve-online. I was hooked into this game for 4 years!! It is a massive trading and mission based space game with emphasis on team play and pvp. I think the game is astonishing. The only reason I am not on it now is because my PC packed up and I can't run it on the lappy  :)

Offline CraigLockley

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • Knifesedge PBeM RPGs
Re: MMORPGs
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 12:36:23 pm »
I've recently started playing Lord of the Rings Online which I highly recommend. The average age of players seems to be higher than the likes of WOW as well.
Craig
BFS Indie Press and RPG Reviews Editor

So many books, so little time...