Author Topic: A General Observation On Awards Questionnaires  (Read 64146 times)

Offline Jen

• Whirlpool
  • Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jennybarber.co.uk
Re: A General Observation On Awards Questionnaires
« Reply #165 on: August 19, 2006, 04:34:07 pm »
Gosh... you go offline for a bit....  ;D

Dave - thanks for the Cambridge info... and will also reply to that long ideas post in a bit, there's some bits worth discussing...  ;)  Any more ideas, shoot 'em over!

In the meantime, just so everyone is clear about what & who the BFS have and haven't covered over the last few years, I've had a quick flip through the back stock...

Note: the first - getting some of the below content onto the website is one of those projects we're working on between other things..

Note: the second - it's not in chronological order.

Note: the third - this doesn't cover fiction/poetry/artwork/reviews/mini interviews included in news items as we'd be here all day....

Prism/BFS Newsletter

Regular opinion column by Chaz Brenchley  (still current ? moved to DH, though skipped last issue)
Regular opinion column by Nicholas Royle
Regular opinion column by Tom Holt
Regular opinion column by Ramsey Campbell
Regular opinion column by Tom Arden

Interview of James Barclay
Interview of Juliet Marillier
Interview of Graham Joyce
Article about dragons in English folklore
Article about fantasy in rock music
Interview of Andrew Hook
Interview of Gary Couzens
Interview of Stephanie Bedwell Grimes
Article about William Morris
Article on Dracula
Interview of Joe R. Lansdale
Article on marine/aquatic folklore
Article on tv show ?Strange?
Interview of Stephen Gallagher
Article on Johnny Weissmuller
Interview of Mark Morris
Article on H. Rider Haggard
Interview of Marion Arnott
Article on Arthur Machen
Article on William Hope Hodgson
Interview of Jonathan Aycliffe
Article on animal folklore
Article on scholarly fantasy
Opinion piece by Chris Fowler
Article on Worldcon
Article on short story submissions
Interview of Jon G.
Article on superstitions
Interview of Lisa Tuttle
Article on EosCon
Article on Eastercon
Article on Edgar Rice Burroughs
Interview of John B. Ford
2 Interviews of Neil Gaiman
Interview of KJ Bishop
Article on The Matrix
Interview of Tony Richards
Article on Alan Garner
Interview of Stuart Young
Interview of Sophie Masson
Article on French fantasy
Interview of Peter Cannon
Interview of Stephen Bowkett
Interview with Theresa Breslin
Article on Literature and Fantasy at the Tate
Article on alternative history
2 Interviews of David Gemmell   ;)
Article on World Horror Con
Article on Dan Dare
Opinion piece by Jane Yolen
Interview of China Mieville
Interview of Willie Meikle
Article on monster archetypes
Article on Lovecraft
Article on black dogs in folklore
Opinion piece by China Mieville
Article on George MacDonald
Article on DreddCon

Dark Horizons

Article on Call of Cthulu RPG game
Interview of Neil Gaiman
Article on Abraham Merritt
Opinion piece by Anne Gay
Opinion piece by Steve Jones
Article on vampires
Interview of Mark & Julia Smith (Jonathan Wylie)
Opinion piece by Ken Cowley
Article on supernatural fiction
Article on Simon Raven
Opinion piece by Storm Constantine
Article on fantasy trilogies

Fantasycon Magazines
(not all inclusive as I?m missing some?)

Article on Chris Fowler
Article on Tom Holt
Article on Kim Newman
Article on Arthur Machen
Article on Doug Bradley
Interview of Storm Constantine
Article on dragons
Article on the Tomb Raider video games
Interview of Stephen Lawhead
Interview of Stan Nicholls (with a rather fetching photo!)
Opinion piece by Chaz Brenchley
Opinion piece by Doug Bradley
Article on the importance of fantasy
Article on TV SF
Article on Robert Holdstock
Interview of Neal Asher
Article on Muriel Gray
Article on Lord Dunsany
Interview of Louise Cooper
Interview of Raymond E. Feist
Interview of Graham Masterton
Interview of Robert Rankin
Opinion piece by Robert Rankin
Another opinion piece by Chaz Brenchley
Opinion piece by Mike Tucker
Article about Mike Tucker
Interview of Freda Warrington
Interview of Jane Yolen
Article about Ramsey Campbell
Interview of Mark Chadbourn
Interview of Simon Clark
Interview of Steven Erikson
Interview of Hugh Lamb
Opinion piece by Tom Holt
Article on horror films
Article on anthologies
Article on international fantasy/sf
Article on small press publishing
Article on Jim Burns
Article on professionally writing about genre TV
Article about adapting books for film
Article on Lord of the Rings
Opinion piece by Juliet E. McKenna
Interview of Chris Fowler
Interview of Catherine Fisher

Special Publications

BFS: A celebration (many authors, multiple genres!)
2006 Horror calendar (does what it says on the tin)
2005 Fantasy calendar (ditto)
Age of Chaos: the worlds of Michael Moorcock
F20 #1 (Anthology of short horror fiction from various small press authors)
F20 #2 (Anthology of short fantasy fiction from various female authors)
Spiral Garden by Louise Cooper
Manitou Man: The Worlds of Graham Masterton
Holt!  Who Goes There?  (Collection of Holt?s columns)
Shocks by Ronald Chetwynd Hayes
Miscellany Macabre by Ken Cowley
Long Memories (an appreciation of Frank Belknap Long)
Clive Barker: Mythmaker for the Millennium
Annabelle Says by Simon Clark & Stephen Laws
Colonel Halifax?s Ghost Story by S. Baring-Gould

Offline Jen

• Whirlpool
  • Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jennybarber.co.uk
« Reply #166 on: August 19, 2006, 05:37:40 pm »
... right, so, where were we...  ;D

* Effective immediately create a British Fantasy Society COUNCIL, consisting of every PRO fantasy and horror author who is a paid up member of the society. Every year, a NEW president is elected to run the COUNCIL - one year horror, next year fantasy - and the FCON can run specific articles and career reviews on that president, eventually giving a vast number of authors - old and new - a focus on their individual careers.

So what would the council members be doing?  (scuse my poor brain if it's already been mentioned!) 
We can run author focuses on any author right now, in Prism.   :D   

* Divide PRISM and give over four or five pages to a new section called HEROIC FANTASY FOCUS. I will edit the section, personally hunting down news, interviews and book deals concerning every HEROIC fantasy author in the business.

Really not keen on an official division by genre... but I'll give as many pages as you want over to everything to do with fantasy folk if you can get it to me. 

We will also try to strike up a mutual deal of some sort involving Carl Critchlow, creator of Games Workshop's immensely popular Thrud, to supply a small cartoon each issue in return for links to his website.

Great.  We'll do it.  Set it up.  (Know a small cartoon won't step on DH's toes!  Just need to check about longer comic strips...)

We will also run regular and specific features on SFX, Games Workshop's Black Library and Interzone in return for a mention - however small - on their various websites.

Yep.  Like it.  Let's do it. 

Having links with Marc Gascoigne (Games Workshop), Ian Berriman (SFX) and Andy Cox (Interzone) I will do my level best to persuade them in, promising them that the BFS is actually ON THE MOVE and no longer mired in horror.

That'd be lovely, thanks!  The more people using and abusing their contacts, the better.

Every year, the BFS runs a POP IDOL-style hunt for the new STAR of horror/df and fantasy short stories. Rather than cram Dark Horizons full of notable names, the COUNCIL votes on the ten or so newcomers they think are the new stars of each category. Then the entie MEMBERSHIP votes on it. We then go hell for leather on the winners, doing profile pieces in Dark Horizons as well as publishing the winning stories AND devoting two awards to the cause. It gives the newbies more FOCUS and something really flashy to aim for.

We do already do a short story comp.... we're open to revamp if it'll improve things.  Still not sure about deliberately splitting the genres on it...  But yes, hell for leathers with the winner.

p.s - Dark Horizons does already publish plenty of small press & first time authors... (don't make me go through them to list them boyo, my sanity wouldn't take it!  :-* )

Don't stop at the Barker play. Every year, get some of the more flamboyant members of the society (me included) to perform small, played-out scenarios focusing on works by authors who are trying to sell their books at the con. This is fun for the audience, fantastic for the authors involved and generally funky for everyone.

Now this one's a great idea!  We're always after quirky stuff like this for Fcon!  You volunteering to go first at next years one?   ;)

The PROBLEM is that your membership is never going to rise because at the moment there is really NOTHING special for people who AREN'T aspiring writers.

... and we're all willing to change that...

All I'm saying is that a 'little' space given over to high fantasy would - to me - make all the difference.

Honey, I'll give more than a *little* space...   :-*

Throw in an RPG game for the RPG fans

As in an actual live thingy? Or is there some way to do it in print media?  (Sorry, clueless about RPG stuff, though it does look fun!)
Anyone wants to set up an RPG at Fcon, we have a funky boothed room that connects the main area to the restaurant/lounge bar area... let us know and we'll publicise it for you...

Throw in a barbarian cartoon for comic-fantasy fans,

Done... get me one!

run a few interview with Pratchett, etc. Devote a few pages to reflect on the awesome career of David Gemmell. Harry Potter is fantasy, isn't it? How about a feature on that? How about a feature on FIGHTING FANTASY - 14 million copies sold worldwide! Where are the features on the current BOOMS in fantasy? World of Warcraft? Guild Wars?

Just as soon as we get someone to write them... speak if you're willing to write this kind of thing please.  Or just send articles on-spec.

Here's an example: if you publish a Thrud strip at the back of every issue, you suddenly attract the Carl Critchlow fans.

I will.. I will..  :D

If you get Stan to write a short RPG game set in Maras-Dantia, along come the orcs fans.

(whispers... there's an orc fan right here!  8) )  Seriously though, as above, don't know how it would work, but if it's an interesting print thing then I'm willing to do it...

Mix it up a bit, make it interesting for new people.....and for young people. Fantasy is something that should be enjoyed by everyone.

Agreed.

You guys say you're not getting the contributions.......but are you going out and asking for them? 

Did you not see all those desperate appeals for interviewers?   ;)  Personally, all the interviewers I know that have done some for us before, have now moved on to other things and are too busy.  I need to know some names of new people who are willing to be commissioned to do stuff.  I have a huge list of people I want to see interviewed.  (Technically, DH is the place for long interviews, but I'm willing to run as many shorter interviews as I can get away with...)

I've been writing Illmoor now for three years now, five novels in hardback and four in paperback so far, January and June, and I've never been asked to contribute in any way.

Now this is a personal foible, and in no way reflects on any previous BFS editors... but personally, I worry about approaching already busy authors to beg that they write something for free for us.  It's illogical, and I have been told several times that I'm being stupid... but, for instance,  I'd have any one of the Write Fantastic crew writing a regular opinion column, like a shot.  (Although, Chaz already does one for us...)    You mentioned Martin Scott (you did mention him somewhere didn't you... I'm not going batty?) ... I love the Thraxas books.. what can he do and where can I find him...  :D

now Terry might be a busy man, but he's also very friendly and approachable, and you're not telling me that over the last few YEARS he's not agreed to one interview.

The problem here is more - who do we get to interview him?  Someone wants to sling together a list of questions, I know Marie has contact with him so we can send them to him and it'll be done.  Actually, I have half a memory of someone saying they were doing one of him for DH so that could be coming up... need to check...  ::)

thanks to some of the emails I've received in the last few days, I am increasingly of the belief that there really ARE a lot of people out there who feel the same way I do.

Great.  Try and persuade 'em to post here so we can hear their views too.  The more people the better... ;D

Vicky

« Reply #167 on: August 19, 2006, 09:21:58 pm »
Couple of things from my end:  Open Nights currently do not have a budget allocated to them (remember that one coming up a few pages ago) - it really is up to someone (usually me) setting something up in a free venue (increasingly hard to do).  I really want stuff to happen outside of London too - I personally find it very hard to get down there from Birmingham.  I organised a couple of readings a couple of years ago in Chester and Birmingha as well as the Bath SF/Fantasy week, and like Debbie tried to set up a general non-London Open Night.  Only a handful of people came to the Brum one though possibly better advertising could have been done for it, admittedly.  Basically I have the ideas, just need people from all areas to come and volunteer information like free venues, big enough for about 50 say, and willing to run around and advertise posters etc.

The other thing: RPG - as Jen says, yup if anyone wants to do something please let her or me know.  I have been chatting to Marc Gascoigne about this idea, as he suggested it a while back, but nobody came up with a gameplan, so to speak  :P  This happened last year too - ideas are thrown about but nothing comes of it.  So if those RPG fans out there want anything to happen at FCon please come and give us some good ideas!

Stepping off the soapbox for a bit now.... ;D

Thanks
Vicky

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 20, 2006, 04:53:40 am »
Hello as a long time poster here and Ex-committee member I guess is should throw my hat in the ring. I am mainly a horror and crime fan. I like Pratchett, got his books, Conan top stuff and SF wise Phillip K. Dick is one of my all time faves. I also like RADIO, in case nobody noticed.

1.) The spam. I would happily be a non-committee Moderator if it will help.

2.) I tryed to get a Manchester meet off the ground but was messed around by some people and in the end could not find a free venue in the city. The bloody miles I put in. If someone knows a place I'm more than willing to do the leg work for Vicky. I've been trying in Stockport but I have trouble getting there and trying to get hold of the bloke I'm after. No E-mail, what sort of a book shop has no e-mail. Vicky is the power behind the Open Night throne though.

3.) Juries. The Booker jury has more crap, judges storming out and contrived dummy spitting than all the idiots at Big Brother. No we the silent membership are the ones I trust. It's not great but the best of a bad lot. And if your favourite did not win what's easier than shouting that the jury is rigged and a jury is easier to rig. I did not vote this year because I felt I had not read enough. I know other members I've talked to have felt/feel the same way, shows they care that they should only vote if they feel they have a valid view. I will put this right next year in my case though.

4.) Who won What?

James Herbert the biggest selling HORROR author in Britain, a man who outsold King here has won the best novel how many times????? Answer. None. If his fans were to fall on the BFS he would out vote and so on. We can all pick names, it's a pointless arguement.

5.) Has The BFS changed?

Yes. Back to the Winners. In the early days the biggest winner was Michael Moorcock, He was the all in novel winning champeen. Then Fantasy was king, even Piers Anthony's A Spell for Chameleon won. When I joined in the late 80's early 90's (Joe R. Lansdale was GOH at my first FantasyCon.) it was horror not quite all horror but it felt like it. Like a number I drifted, I've been back in the society for many years now. The society is changing, slowly but surely. It is moving back towards fantasy. A lot of the old guard are horror so they give that horror feeling.

6.) Latest Winner in the novel section, lets face it's what everyone looks at.

China Mieville: Perdido Street Station (2001.) & The Scar (2003.) A author who has won SF, Fantasy and Horror awards, one of those authors all over the place. I don't see the problem with these. I don't see why fantasy or another fan should have a problem.

Simon Clark: The Night of the Triffids. (2002.) This is a SF adventure story, post apocalyptic thing with killer plants. If anyone would like to argue it's horror I'll glady do so at the FCon bar.

Christopher Fowler: Full Dark House (2004.) I thought this more a crime novel and was heartened that it won, but more a win for the horror camp.

Stephen King. Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower. (2005.) Do you want to tell me who has more fans than this man? I always classed these Tower books as fantasy, not read the later ones I'll admit, still he is a horror writer so how do you split this one?

6.) Want to change stuff bring it up at the AGM and get a vote on it.

7.) Bottom line. The society reflects the members. If there are more fantasy fans who are members then that is the way the society will go. Simple. It was heavily Fantasy biased in the early days if the membership want it that way it will be again.

8.) In the 90's the horror was king, this debate would not have taken place so this thread its self is a sign of change.

9.) At the moment Adult Horror stil dominates Adult Fantasy in film, radio (Notice how I got that in) and TV. The main Fantasy on these days are children's fantasy and Tolkien. Not much else appears. Dunno why, Hercules and Xena did well on TV, The BBC are making a Robin Hood so maybe it will change but for all our love of books the moving picture wins. They odd Myth/Legend based stuff appears on radio as well as Tolk and Chilren's stuff. Shame really.

10.) Name change, no I think not. It would cost money, horrid thing to mention but it's a consideration, this name has been here years, and now you want to cut up what is fantastic and put it in smaller jars. No thanks. I thought you authors went against these comparments, not build them. What is Fantasic?

11.) The reason the society dipped was because FCon basically became a day thing in London and there were serious problems with publications. Apart from the odd hiccup the publication thing is a lot better, Jen, Marie, Paul and Co. need a pat on the back for that. FCon is on the way up due a lot of hard work from Debbie, Jen, Vicky and a whole bunch of over people. It's getting better.

12.) RPGs Craig Lockley is your man. Have a word, he has been trying really hard to get more RPG stuff to review.

13.) We had Games Workshop at a Con, not much interest. The Cthulhu did well under Jon, but last year Jon couldn't make it I spent a lot of money on new books and stuff and nobody was interested. I'll bring some CoC stuff if you want but Jon Oliver would be the man to ask. Plus I play Ad&d (Fantasy) and CoC. (Horror, yes there are horror role-playing games.)

14.) If you want more input, send stuff in, reviews and news etc. Or join the committee.

15.) Finally, when all said and done it's done to the members. They are the key.

Now I'm off to do the radio list, SF, Horror and Fantasy, there is a thing about Theseus at the moment, Kids tolk and Myths are all radio fantasy seem to stretch to. Some one must do something.

Wayne.

ChrisT

« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2006, 11:25:16 am »
Going back to the "perception" of the society, as the new reviews ed I'm getting more fantasy and some sf than "horror" books from Orbit and Time Warner et al. In fact, only PS send me horror - apart from the one book from Orbit. So, we're still seen has a "fantasy" society from the major publishing houses.

As Wayne mentioned above, the society reflects the views of the membership: in the 80s/90s, horror was the *in* thing and when you had Ramsey C and Steve J prominent in the society, and whose books would be regulary seen on the average bookshop shelf, then naturaly fans of theirs would want to congregate. But, has horror drifted off, fantasy is now returning to the fore. I have no problems with this - fantasy is a very broad term and the society is big enough for all kinds.

If someone wrote an article on heroic fantasy, I don't see why it shouldn't be published in Prism/DH: perhaps the reason there isn't any coverage is because no-one has written about it?

As for RPG's, didn't Jon Oliver setup a game a couple of FCon's back? Personally, I'm not really interested any more - it was something from my Uni days, and even though back then I enjoyed the occasional 24 hr session I've moved on now... that's not to say I consider it childish, far from it, but well our likes and dislikes change.

Going back again to Davey's post, you sounded exasperated and ready to quit the society: don't! If you want to help faciliitate change, then the only way is within the society - not on the fringes.

David Lee Stone

« Reply #170 on: August 20, 2006, 02:02:43 pm »
Thanks, Chris.....yes, I was exasperated. TOTALLY exasperated.

However.....given some time to calm down (which regularly takes me the best part of a night - I'm a redhead and therefore explosively tempered), I'm ready to continue the debate.

I've just spent an hour going over the posts, reading the various arguments from committee members past and present, and I acknowledge that there does seem to be some REAL feeling on here that I'm wrong about the bias.

Jenny has gone to great lengths (and no slight effort) to prove her point and Marie has passionately and ferociously argued with me to the point where it is obvious we were both quite stressed.

I still feel very sure that there HAS been a strong horror bias in the society within the past ten years. However, if I'm being completely fair, my CURRENT membership with the society has not been active long enough for me to assuredly accuse the committee that this is the way things ARE as opposed to the way things WERE back when I was previously a member.

I do feel that some of the initiatives and ideas I've come up with would benefit Prism (and yes, Jen, I'll get them to you as soon as I'm back from Edinburgh), and I'm sure many of you will agree that with this debate I've breathed more life into this forum in one week than it has seen in the past YEAR......

....but on reflection it would sadden me to leave, if only because (as Chris points out very sensibly) change can only be helped from within.

Davey

ps. Marie - very sorry if it looked like I was taking a 'shot' at the small/independent press. I do not and have never looked down on the SP. For one thing, my career wouldn't have STARTED if it weren't for the likes of Xenos, Sierra Heaven and Andy Cox's Zene. And I do write horror myself, albeit very infrequently. In fact, I had a story called 'Wednesday' scheduled to appear in the Lebbon/Williams edited anthology 'Tales From Teeth Park' - does anyone know what happened to that? I moved house just before it was due to publish and forgot about it entirely!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 02:05:07 pm by David Lee Stone »

Offline Marie O'Regan

• Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • http://www.marieoregan.net
« Reply #171 on: August 20, 2006, 02:18:08 pm »
Hi Dave,

I'm glad to see that after reflecting on people's posts, you can see that your perception was based more on previous experience than on current practise. After a while as a member, I'm sure you'll see that we're telling you the truth, and really do try to be fair to everyone. We are, however, limited in space per issue for budgetary reasons - as I'm sure you can understand, so sometimes the balance might be more apparent if taken over more than one issue - and given my problems over the last year, there's not been much to see. This is why I've accepted Pete Coleborn and Jan Edwards' kind offer to carry on with DH after my last issue. Any ideas you have for the publications are more than welcome, as we've said - just get in touch with Jen or Pete Coleborn. The forum has been livelier, true, but personally I hate it when debate becomes argument and I did get very upset. I do accept your apology re the small press, its a vital breeding ground for talent, which helps raw writers to grow and move on.

I don't know what's happened to Tim's anthology - have you tried looking on www.ralan.com?

David Lee Stone

« Reply #172 on: August 20, 2006, 03:35:59 pm »
True, it is....but the independent press has certainly become more successful and 'visible' in the past few years.

Back in 1998, I published a small-press magazine called Freudian Variant. I had two editors on board (Craig Bell & Barbara Cooke) and Andy Cox at TTA supplied incredible rates for the printing.

For our first issue, we had a brilliant line up, including fiction from Des Lewis (with Chris Pelletiere supplying the art), Nicola Caines, Paul Pinn, Barbara Davies, Clifford Thurlow, David Murphy (editor of Albedo One), Ceri Jordan and Paul Bradshaw. We also had a large interview with Ramsey Campbell, supplied by David Mathew (now co-editor of Interzone and without whom we'd never have got off the ground).

Try as we might to get publicity from the wider field, the magazine bombed. However, determined not to go down at the first issue, I called the group together for an urgent meeting. The result of that meeting was to shrink the magazine, refund subscriptions and start again with Darkhaven. Enter Mark Chadbourn - Mark kindly supplied us with a headline story and (again thanks to Dave Mathew) we prepared Darkhaven to replace FV. This second magazine lasted a good deal longer, and we found an ageing printshop owner in Ramsgate who inexplicably agreed to a print-on-demand deal for the magazine. I'm not sure HOW or WHY he agreed.....but seeing as he's now dating my grandmother, maybe it should have been more obvious.... ;)

Anyway.....we managed to survive for a further 4 issues when, despite being funded by ads from Earthlight and other sf/fantasy publishers, we couldn't push the magazine onto success. It died at number 5, I believe.

:-[

ChrisT

« Reply #173 on: August 20, 2006, 04:12:35 pm »
Tales from the Teeth Park is, as I believe, dead, from what I've heard from Tim and Gavin; it was supposed to be published by Razorblade, but then RB imploded.

Pity really since the title of the anthology was just superb.

DFL

« Reply #174 on: August 20, 2006, 07:40:20 pm »
Hey, Dave. I  didn't know you were the 'Freudian Variant' main man.  Nice to 'meet' you again.

Offline Debbie

• Thaumaturge
  • x
    • View Profile
    • http://www.debbiebennett.co.uk
« Reply #175 on: August 20, 2006, 09:14:28 pm »
As for RPG's, didn't Jon Oliver setup a game a couple of FCon's back? Personally, I'm not really interested any more - it was something from my Uni days, and even though back then I enjoyed the occasional 24 hr session I've moved on now... that's not to say I consider it childish, far from it, but well our likes and dislikes change.

Me too!  I was into RPGs and live stuff - but you're going back to the mid-80s now (yes, I'm *that* old). We did indeed run an RPG stream a few cons back. Games Workshop were going to run a stall - and dropped out last minute, but as far as I'm aware the gaming still went on. We even did computer games further back - had a set of pcs, some pre-release (I think) copies of one of the Tomb Raider games and life-size cardboard cutouts of Lara Croft (which curioulsy went missing.... ;))  We even thought about live roleplay, but couldn't do it for insurance reasons.

deb

ChrisT

« Reply #176 on: August 20, 2006, 10:10:22 pm »
The Tomb Raider "tie-in" was 2000 and my first FCon - as for the disappearance of Lara, not guilty y' honour.

Weren't the writer/producer of Urban Gothic goh's then?

Offline Jonathan Oliver

• BFS Reviewers
  • Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 21, 2006, 08:52:40 am »
Hello

If there's enough demand for it I'd be willing to do another RPG session. Prefer people sign up before Fantasycon though as I wouldn't want to be left there sitting with my books looking like a nana.
Would probably be Call of Cthulhu again though, anything else would take too much prep.

Cheers

Jon
Jon

Offline Wayne Mook

• Barbarian Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 21, 2006, 09:03:29 pm »
Tell me about it Jon.

You can sign me and Nadia. Plus if anyone brings their Magic deck nadia is looking for someone to play.

Wayne.

Offline Debbie

• Thaumaturge
  • x
    • View Profile
    • http://www.debbiebennett.co.uk
« Reply #179 on: August 21, 2006, 10:15:54 pm »
Weren't the writer/producer of Urban Gothic goh's then?

They certainly were. Very cute one of them was too - and unfortunately young enough to be my son.... :-[