Author Topic: Noob hits the floor!  (Read 7334 times)

Troo

Noob hits the floor!
« on: October 14, 2006, 07:50:42 am »
Hello :)

The old introductions thread looked, well, old, so I wasn't sure if I should post there or just start a new thread altogether.

Being a raging egotist I chose the second option. Harr! No, er, not really. That is to say...

*moves on quickly*

Hi! I'm Trudi, known widely as Troo. Call me either, but if you address me as Trudi I'll assume you're my mother and I've crashed your car or something.

I've been reading Fantasy since I was wee, courtesy of my Father, who did what he could to save me from watching soaps at an early age. I had intended to go to this year's FantasyCon, but there was a slightly embarassing fiscal miscalculation, and I had to drop at the 11th hour. Still, I shall certainly descend upon it next year! (I find planning something a year in advance prevents me accidentally spending the money elsewhere  :D).

I'll be joining the BFS as soon as I'm back on my feet (currently laid up with a malfunctioning spine), and possibly dropping in to an open evening (if I can pluck up the courage. I can face most situations, but for some reason a room full of strangers terrifies me  ;D).

Why? Well. I spent years pestering my parents as a teenager to allow me to go to conventions, and they drummed into my head that conventions were places where only the weirdos went, and never let me go. By the time I was old enough to get to them myself, I'd lost interest, and my secret book addiction had to go underground. Now, though... Now I have friends, and friends have this mean ole habit of forcing you beyond your comfort zone.

It's good, though. Starting to, you know, get a life  ;D

So. Hello!

VirgilKain

Re: Noob hits the floor!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 11:03:38 am »
Hello and welcome. ;D

The ezine looks really good. Keep up the good work. ;D

Troo

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 11:49:39 am »
Hi Garry, and thanks :)

Gearing up to edit Issue Two as we speak... Well, my fellow editor is. I'm just lazing around in bed  :o

Offline Chadbourn

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.markchadbourn.net
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 03:31:25 pm »
Hello :)

I spent years pestering my parents as a teenager to allow me to go to conventions, and they drummed into my head that conventions were places where only the weirdos went,

They were right.

Troo

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 05:46:24 pm »
They were right.

Ah, but they seemed to believe there was something bad about this  :D

Sean

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 10:27:17 pm »
Hello there Troo!

Like the ezine.

Troo

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 02:24:49 pm »
Thanks Sean :)

Troo

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 03:09:57 pm »
And in further news, I got around to actually getting a year's BFS membership! Woohoo! So you might actually be seeing me here and there.

You lucky, lucky things!  ;D

ChrisT

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 04:28:41 pm »
Is this a wise thing to do Troo?  ;D

The next Open Night is in December, the 8th if I'm not mistaken: usually a good crowd turn up.

btw, the site looks good too - and the pdf incarnation, just a short(ish) step into print.  :o

Offline CraigLockley

• BFS Reviewers
  • Thaumaturge
    • View Profile
    • Knifesedge PBeM RPGs
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 12:23:31 am »
Hi Troo and welcome to the forums and the BFS!
Craig
BFS Indie Press and RPG Reviews Editor

So many books, so little time...

Troo

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 01:01:45 am »
Yeah, hopefully I'll be walking again by December! I managed about an hour today, so that's pretty good :)