BFS Horizons – call for submissions

Your three thousand to five thousand words in the form of Fantasy, SF and/or Horror in their myriad forms.

Submit to by Sept.15th

Or after for future issues.

Submissions Guideline can be found here.

BFS Horizons 4: coming in December 2016…

19 Comments on BFS Horizons – call for submissions

1. Are you only accepting subs from UK folks? Or is it open to outside writers?

2. I tried to leave a comment the other day, but still don’t see it. I am not familiar with the term “Vanity” in relation to Fantasy literature. Can someone point me to an example of this, or explain? Thanks.

• Phil Lunt // August 26, 2016 at 7:10 pm //

It’s what the Japanese call ‘urban’ or ‘chick goth’, apparently. I was trying to be clever and on pulse and failed, unfortunately! It happens… Will edit the original post to avoid further confusion…

• hi Phil, i also sent a message but not received a reply….i have an 11,000 word story, would an abridged version of it of 5,000 words be ok to send?

3. LOL Oh thanks! That’s just new to me, I’ll have to look into it. Sounds intriguing. šŸ™‚

4. John Paul Fitch // September 1, 2016 at 9:34 am //

Hi guys, I sent a submission last week. Just want to know if it’s been received?

5. John Paul Fitch // September 1, 2016 at 2:50 pm //

Thanks Phil!

6. Michael P Conley // September 12, 2016 at 2:17 pm //

What are the rules and conditions for the rights to the material? Who owns it after submission/publishing?

7. Lela Robichaux // September 12, 2016 at 2:54 pm //

Does this have to be an unpublished work?

8. Hi – how do you feel about multiple &or simultaneous submissions? Thanks šŸ˜‰

9. Thanks for that šŸ™‚

10. David Donachie // September 14, 2016 at 12:41 pm //

Do you acknowledge every submission? I sent something in by email and want to know that it will have arrived by the deadline

11. do I retain the rights to my story should you accept it?

Comments are closed.