Here’s a reminder of the BFS London Open Day on Saturday 16 June 2012 from 1pm till late at The Mug House, 1 Tooley Street, London E1 2PF, together with a rough schedule for the day:
- 1pm:Â Meet, greet and quench your thirst…
- 2pm:Â Peter Mark May will be arriving with copies of Alt-Zombie. Peter has also graciously agreed to donate one complete set of Hersham Horror Books to the raffle.
- 3pm:Â Stephen Jones and Les Edwards will officially sign copies of Curious Warnings: The Great Ghost Stories of M.R. James from Jo Fletcher Books.
- 4pm:Â Sara Jayne Townsend will be signing copies of her collection Soul Screams fromÂ Stumar Press. Sara has also donated a copy of Soul Screams to the raffle.
- 5pm:Â Raffle draw…tickets will be a pound per strip or one FREE strip with every purchase…get your mind out of the gutter and your pockets lined with GOLD.
Above all have fun! It’s getting increasingly harder to find a suitable venue that does not require huge amounts of cash up front to hold these unique events, where you can socialise with publishers, authors and, most importantly, fans of fantasy, horror and SF. Donations for the raffle are welcome on the day, but please be aware that donating a dog-eared paperback may well result in public ridicule.
Previous BFS open events have included:
- Awards Showcases – Brian Aldiss, Joe Abercrombie to name but a few…
- Poe edited by Ellen Datlow (Solaris)
- Tim Powers Secret Histories (PS Publishing)
- Sam Stone (Murky Depths) + Torchwood panel and launch with Guy Adams, Mark Morris, Sarah Pinborough (BBC Books)
- Lauren Beukes – Zoo City (Angry Robot) – Reading / Talk / Launch
- Mike Lancaster – 0.4 (Egmont) – Young Adult SF – Launch
- Joe Hill – Special Guest + Brian Stableford – The Womb of Time (Perilous Press) UK Launch
- Where Are We Going? edited by Allen Ashley (Eibonvale Press) – authors included Allen Ashley, Joel Lane, Douglas Thompson, Marion Pitman, Terry Grimwood, Jet McDonald, Andrew Kirby, Gary Budgen and cover artists David Rix.
E-mail Martin RobertsÂ (events [at] britishfantasysociety [dot] org) for more information!