Please do take the time to vote by one of the various means on offer, your opinion will make all the difference!
All votes must be received by 1st August 2009.
Who can vote?
All current members of the BFS, plus members of FantasyCon 2008 and anyone who has already booked for FantasyCon 2009. For the BFA constitution click here. To join the BFS click here. To book a ticket to FantasyCon click here.
But, haven’t I already voted?
Yes, but you must vote AGAIN. In a change to recent years we wanted people to be able to judge the short list, hopefully read those nominated, and then make an informed decision. The previous votes were to decide this short list, voting now is what will decide a winner… so VOTE!
I don’t know my membership number – what should I do?
You could email Helen to ask for it, or just send in the form without it. It’ll mean a bit of extra admin for us, but the important thing is that you vote.
What happens next?
The winners will be announced at the British Fantasy Awards Ceremony at FantasyCon in September.
Or alternatively, thanks to our friends at Google, you can now vote for the British Fantasy Awards online. Here is the form.
- Cone Zero (DF Lewis) Megazanthus Press
- Myth-Understandings (Ian Whates) Newcon Press
- Subtle Edens (Allen Ashley) Elastic Press
- The Mammoth Book of Best New Horror 19 (Stephen Jones) Constable & Robinson
- The Second Humdrumming Book of Horror (Ian Alexander Martin) Humdrumming
- We Fade To Grey (Gary McMahon) Pendragon Press
BEST NOVEL (THE AUGUST DERLETH FANTASY AWARD)
- Memoirs of a Master Forger (William Heaney/Graham Joyce) Gollancz
- Midnight Man (Simon Clark) Severn House
- Rain Dogs (Gary McMahon) Humdrumming
- The Graveyard Book (Neil Gaiman) Bloomsbury
- The Victoria Vanishes (Christopher Fowler) Doubleday/Transworld
- Thieving Fear (Ramsey Campbell) PS Publishing
THE PS PUBLISHING BEST SMALL PRESS AWARD
- Elastic Press (Andrew Hook)
- Newcon Press (Ian Whates)
- Pendragon Press (Chris Teague)
- Screaming Dreams (Steve Upham)
- TTA Press (Andy Cox)
- Bull Running for Girls (Allyson Bird) Screaming Dreams
- Glyphotech (Mark Samuels) PS Publishing
- How To Make Monsters (Gary McMahon) Morrigan Books
- Islington Crocodiles (Paul Meloy) TTA Press
- Just After Sunset (Stephen King) Hodder & Stoughton
- Cold Stone Calling (Simon Clark) Tasmaniac Publications
- Gunpowder (Joe Hill) PS Publishing
- Heads (Gary McMahon) We Fade To Grey, Ed. Gary McMahon – Pendragon Press
- N (Stephen King) Just After Sunset – Hodder & Stoughton
- The Narrows (Simon Bestwick) We Fade To Grey, Ed. Gary McMahon – Pendragon Press
- The Reach of Children (Tim Lebbon) Humdrumming
BEST SHORT FICTION
- All Mouth (Paul Meloy) Black Static 6, Ed. Andy Cox – TTA Press
- Do You See (Sarah Pinborough) Myth-Understandings, Ed. Ian Whates – Newcon Press
- Pinholes in Black Muslin (Simon Strantzas) The Second Humdrumming Book of Horror, Ed. Ian Alexander Martin – Humdrumming
- The Caul Bearer (Allyson Bird) Bull Running For Girls – Screaming Dreams
- The Tobacconist’s Concession (John Travis) The Second Humdrumming Book of Horror, Ed. Ian Alexander Martin – Humdrumming
- The Vague (Paul Meloy) Islington Crocodiles, TTA Press
- Winter Journey (Joel Lane) Black Static 5, Ed. Andy Cox – TTA Press
BEST COMIC/GRAPHIC NOVEL
- 30 Days of Night: Beyond Barrow (Steve Niles/Bill Sienkiewicz) IDW Publishing
- All-Star Superman (Grant Morrison/Frank Quitely) DC Comics
- Buffy Season Eight Vol. 3: Wolves at the Gate (Joss Whedon & Drew Goddard/ Georges Jeanty) Dark Horse Comics
- Comic Book Tattoo Tales Inspired by Tori Amos (Ed, Rantz A. Hoseley & Tori Amos/ Various) Image Comics
- Hellblazer: Fear Machine (Jamie Delano) Vertigo
- Hellblazer: The Laughing Magician (Andy Diggle/Leonardo Manco & Daniel Zezelj) Vertigo
- Locke and Key (Joe Hill/Gabriel Rodriguez) IDW Publishing
- The Girly Comic Book 1 (Ed, Selina Lock) Factor Fiction
- The New Avengers: Illuminati (Brian Bendis & Brian Reed/Jim Cheung) Marvel Comics
- Dave McKean (The Graveyard Book) Bloomsbury
- Edward Miller (Vault of Deeds) PS Publishing
- Lee Thompson (The Land at the End of the Working Day) Humdrumming
- Les Edwards (Various)
- Vincent Chong (Various)
- Basil Copper: A Life in Books (Basil Copper, Ed, Stephen Jones) PS Publishing
- Doctor Who: The Writer’s Tale (Russell T. Davies and Benjamin Cook) BBC Books
- journal.neilgaiman.com (Neil Gaiman)
- Mutant Popcorn (Nick Lowe) Interzone – TTA Press
- What Is It We Do When We Read Science Fiction (Paul Kincaid) Beccon Publications
- Black Static (Andy Cox) TTA Press
- Interzone (Andy Cox et. al.) TTA Press
- Midnight Street (Trevor Denyer)
- Postscripts (Peter Crowther & Nick Gevers) PS Publishing
- SFX (Dave Bradley) Future Publishing Limited
- Battlestar Galactica (NBC)
- Dead Set (Zeppotron/Channel 4)
- Dexter (Clyde Phillips Productions)
- Doctor Who (BBC Wales)
- Supernatural (Warner Bros TV)
- Cloverfield (Matt Reeves)
- Iron Man (Jon Favreau)
- The Dark Knight (Christopher Nolan)
- The Mist (Frank Darabont)
- The Orphanage (Juan Antonio Bayona)